Manifesting is the journey of using one’s subconscious and thoughts to impact one’s reality. Manifestation works largely with the Law of Attraction which states that like attracts like. Meaning that by controlling your thoughts and subconscious, you can align yourself to the energy of the things you want and bring them into your life.
Lately, I’ve seen this topic come up a lot all over the internet. From instagram to tiktok, many people are learning how to use manifestation to cultivate a life that they dream of. I know it seems pretty simple in theory, but it’s so much more than just wanting something and living in that want.
It’s easy to watch these videos that cover the basics and think it should be as easy as writing your goals down on a piece of paper. While that is helpful, there is so much inner work and dedication that goes into manifesting anything.
Everything in the world has a frequency or vibration that is specific to that item, person, place, etc. Manifestation uses the Law of Attraction to connect you to the frequency of the the thing you are trying to bring into your life. The basic idea is getting yourself to a high frequency state before sitting down and using whatever active form of manifesting you chose to practice.
- There are various ways to get you to a higher vibration, but most of it comes down to practicing positivity, gratitude, and self-care. For instance, listening to your body and feeding yourself food you like and food that is good for you is a way to raise your vibration. You can also write down what you are grateful for in a notebook and return to it every morning, night, or before manifesting.
- When you are manifesting your thoughts and beliefs need to be centered positively. Every word within this process matters. Don’t use negatives that can cancel out your wishes. For instance, instead of stating “I will not be late”, say “I will be on time”. This shift allows for sentiment to be unobstructed by negatives that could throw off your goals. Your beliefs also need to be positive. You need to believe wholeheartedly that you already have the thing you want, the life you desire, the outcome you need. There is no room for doubt.
- This is a repeated practice. It’s not enough to just sit with these things once and let them go. It’s about rountinley coming back to those manifestations with a high vibration and sitting with them. It doesn’t have to be a daily occurance, or even weekly, it could be once a month you sit with these goals and meditate with them. But the point is to return and continue the manifestation process until it happens.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
When it comes to manifesting it’s important to remember two things, you need to take care of your own energetic self and to trust the universe/God/ Goddess/ etc. These two things go hand in hand. Without these two things it’s very probable you won’t be able to manifest. What i’ve learned that a big part of manifesting is working on myself and living with intent.
It’s very easy to just sit down and journal for a bit when you’re in a good mood. It’s easy to meditate for a hot sec and call it a day. However, if you don’t keep working on yourself and your own emotion and energetic well being, your manifestation might not come into your life. It’s important to work on yourself and heal your past wounds. This does mean that your vibration may not always be high, but in the long run it helps you find the calm you need. The law of attraction is all about attracting the same energy that you carry, without healing, without working on yourself, you will still be attracting that negative energy.
Now you can work on yourself in a multiple of ways. For me, I’m working on being more mindful, on meditating, and practicing self care. I listen to my body and what it needs as best I can. I also go to therapy and journal a lot. For me, this is what my healing looks like. By working through the energetic knots within me, I am better able to manifest and have a higher vibration.
I’ve also seen a lot of people asking about the role of mental illnesses. I struggle with PTSD and depression pretty severely. The goal of having a high vibration and manifesting isn’t to be happy all the time. Toxic positivity has no place here. Rather, it’s about carving out time when you have the energy, to meditate, journal, and then do a manifestation ritual. Moreover, each person’s vibration is subjective. As someone with depression, my frequency isn’t as high as let’s say, someone who was neurotypical, however, when I work on raising it just slightly, that’s a high frequency for me. This just means that, everyone’s high vibrations looks and feels different.
Lastly, I try and weave routines in my day that help me manifest and I do my best to do these things with intent. For example, after journaling my feelings I make a list about things I’m grateful for. In this way, I can practice mindfulness, and focus on how I feel while writing these things, and reflect on where my abundance lies and attract more of it. You can also meditate, create vision boards (pinterest works great), bullet journal, or draw. By adding these habits you can start practicing them with intent and mindfulness.
3 Manifestation Rituals
Now that I’ve covered all of that, here are some of my favorite practices that I’ve implemented in my life! Most of my practices revolve around writing but I’ve tried to add some various methods for those who don’t like to journal as much. All of these things are practices you can repeat as you see fit/as needed.
- Scripting. This is probably one of the most popular ways to practice manifesting. Essentially you write down what your life would be like after receiving what you’re trying to manifest, as though it’s already happened. The key here is to write in present tense. You can get as creative as you want with this. I usually wille treat it like a journal entry and write about my day as though I already have what I want. The key to this one, is to thank the Universe/God/Goddess etc for giving it to you. Gratitude is a key part of all these practices.
- Vision Boards. Now I know what you’re thinking. This is just about putting a bunch of stuff together willy nilly. BUT, it’s not. Actually it can look different for everyone. For those of you who can draw, you can draw a picture of what you desire with intent. You can visualize the thing you want and draw it. In this moment you can just think about manifesting and being grateful to have it in your life. You can even throw in some quotes or poem if you’d like. You use pinterest to put a little online board filled with things that make you feel like the thing you want to manifest. This one, for me has a lot to do with visualizing and honing in on the feeling of it already being in your life. You can also return to this and use it a starting point for meditations.
- Meditating.I know that meditating can seem super daunting. However, it doesn’t have to be this overwhelming task. I like to meditate in the morning and evening for a few minutes. I focus one of them on manifesting, or at least I try to. I usually will set the mood with my oil diffuser, salt lamp, crystals, journal, and some music if I want. I will start by writing what I want using statements that are centered positively and in present tense. I repeat them to myself outloud and then I hone in on how they make me feel. After doing that, I’ll sit for a few minutes meditating on my manifestations and my emotions. The emotion, I think, is the most important part. It can help you reach the vibration of the thing you want in order to help attract it into your life. I’ll usually end with a gratitude list then end the practice.
These three, I think are the best to start with. There are many other ways to practice manifestation. I’ve heard of people lighting candles with intent, using affirmations, etc. You can also add other elements, such as incense, tea, color correspondences, and many other things. For example, I like coordinating with the moon cycles when possible. (New Moon’s are great for attracting and manifesting, Full moon’s are great for any manifestation that needs an extra boost.) Play with these rituals and find a version(s) that work for you.
This practice is great thing to have in your life. It’s just important to know that this is a journey that is multifaceted. It involves self improvement, self love, and acceptance. It’s a constant moving forward and healing that has served me well over the last few years.